enbed_pdf plg

enbed_pdf plg

Postby de14934 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:59 am

Hi Maik,
enbed_plg: really great plg.

Situation: For test purposes I have a local server installed and I am using Joomla 1.6.

I would like to display PDF files and for that purpose I have Google configured.
Initially, I have processed a PDF file from an external web-site - it works perfect.

I would like to display (with Google) also PDF data located on my server. However, it looks like that this is not possible (file can't be found).

Question (1): Now, is it possible to use a localhost and if yes, how should the path look like?

Situation: I have decided to use Google because I also would like to display files like *.pptx, *xlsx, etc. I believe that that is possible.

Question (2): What do I need to specify for other sources in parameter app: ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rgds,
Hans
de14934

Re: enbed_pdf plg

Postby daliose » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello Hans,
thank you for using my extension.

About your questions:

to 1:
If you run a local server for your documents, and want to use it with Google viewer, you have to be sure, Google is able to acces your documents.
Google viewer first read your document and then generate viewer code to display your doc.
That's most important!!!
Because most local server running on lan, without any masquerading or routing, Google doesn't really work as viewer.

to 2:
It doesn't matter, what document you want to display with Google viewer, until the document is supported!
Parameter are always same. {pdf}PathToFile|weight|height|app:google{/pdf}

But again, .... Google must be able to have acces to your document!

Maik
daliose
Site Admin

Re: enbed_pdf plg

Postby de14934 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Maik,
Thanks for your answers - I was afraid that the direct acces (of course!) is required.
I will now trry to find a soution.

Any help by anyone is highly appreciated.

Hans
de14934

Return to Windows (All version)